A 4×4 or Four-wheel drive vehicle’s engine has the ability to power all four tires simultaneously making it the perfect car for trips in remote places. Uganda has been a favorite for tourists searching for adventure and a chance to get close to rare primates and Big Five species. However, most of the top tourist attractions are located in very remote regions with rugged terrain and unpaved roads and the best way to get there is in a 4×4 car.
A strong and reliable 4×4 has a huge impact on the success of any road trip in Uganda especially safaris hence it’s essential you travel in one whether on self drive or with a driver. You have to be careful and rent a 4×4 car in Uganda that fits the number of people you are traveling with along with their cargo for a comfortable safari around Uganda’s top destinations. Top features to look out for wen choosing a 4×4 rental car include ground clearance, back-up tires, seat accommodation, cargo space, head space plus special features like the pop-up roof and cooler box.
Top 4×4 Rental Cars In Uganda
- Toyota Rav4 – 3 to 5-seater crossover 4×4 SUV perfect for solo tourists and couples.
- Safari Land Cruiser– 7 to 9-seater pop-up roof land cruiser is the ultimate safari car perfect for families & small group.
- Land cruiser Prado– 5-seater full-size 4×4 is ideal and can be used for city & park trips.
- Safari Van – 8-seater 4×4 pop-up roof minivan ideal for family & small groups.
- Rooftop Tent Land cruiser– 5-seater 4×4 is the best camping vehicle for hire in Uganda.
- Coaster bus – 28-seater 4×4 minibus will do great with large groups on a Uganda safari adventure.
Best Uganda Safari Destinations To Visit In A 4×4 Car
- Murchison Falls park – Epic game drives, boat cruise, bird watching, primate tracking, hiking and nature walks.
- Bwindi national park – Home of the incredible mountain gorillas, good bird watching destination plus chance to meet the Batwa.
- Sipi Falls – Series of three beautiful waterfalls on the base of Mount Elgon. Hiking, Cave vists and rock abesiling.
- Queen Elizabeth national park – exciting game drives, bird watching, chimpanzee tracking and boat cruise along the Kazinga channel.
- Jinja city – The adventure capital of East Africa filled with lots of exciting land and water sports adventures including white water rafting.
- Lake Bunyonyi– Best place to relax and enjoy exploration on any of the 29 islands that encompass this beutiful lake.
- Kibale forest – Home to the largest population of Chimpanzees in East Africa plus other primates and birds.
- Kidepo Valley– The remotest park in Uganda offers exciting morning, afternoon and evening game drives plus chance to meet the infamous Karamajongs.
Looking for affordable 4×4 car rental in Uganda, we will be more than delighted to offer you our services. We have a fleet of well serviced cheap 4×4 cars in Uganda available at amazing prices whether you plan to self drive or travel with a driver-guide. You can get in touch with us today by sending an email to email@example.com or call us now on +256-700135510 to speak with the reservations team.